Mergers & Acquisitions (M&As) are a proven way of adding and unlocking value, for buyers and sellers alike. They however, tend to be complex.
A typical M&A transaction involves steps like:
- Scouting (for buyers / sellers / strategic investors)
- Signing a letter of intent including non-disclosure agreements
- Conducting thorough due diligence through private data rooms
- Carrying out valuation
- Negotiating between parties
- Drafting, discussing, and agreeing definitive agreements
- And final handing over
Considering that such deals usually have a major impact on the net worth of the parties involved, things can get awry if not managed well.